100 g caster sugar
100 g plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
25 g butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add in the sugar.
3. Using a hand-held whisk or electric beater, whisk the mixture until it triples in volume and becomes thick, white and fluffy.
4. Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour very carefully and then mix in the vanilla extract and melted butter.
5. Pour the mixture into a 20cm greased, lined cake tin.
6. Bake the cake for 30 minutes until risen, golden and set.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Icing Recipes & Tips.